SECOND, Julian came up and said, 'Lets go together.' And we both went along singing songs.
L'Ecole Internationale de Theatre Jacques Lecoq, Paris (2009 - 2011)
Sussex University English Literature and Theatre (B.A Hons) (2005-2008)
Clowning masterclass with John Nicholson (Peepolykus, Rik Mayall, Spy Monkey)
Site responsive theatre in the landscape with Simon Pascoe (Red Earth)
Devising in the street with Teatr Biuro Podrozy (Poland)
L'Ecole Nomade with Arianna Mnouchkine (Theatre du Soleil)
Theatre Royal Haymarket Actors Masterclass with Mark Gatiss (League of Gentlemen)
Site Specific project planning and outdoor spectacle with Liz Pugh (Walk The Plank)
Approaches towards physical storytelling with Femi Elufowoju and Joyce Henderson (Complicite)
Puppetry masterclass with Robin Guiver (Complicite, The Muppets, Warhorse, ENO)
Clown masterclass with Uri Roodner (Complicite, The Brothers Quay, East 15)
Contemporary movement and music workshop with Daphnis Kokkinos (Tanztheatre Pina Bausch)
Beyond the Bounds of Realism: Devising from reallife with Paul Hunter (Told by an Idiot)
Professional expressive mask training with Rachel Savage (Trestle, Vamos Theatre Company)
Professional movement workshop with Scott Graham (Frantic Assembly)
Shakespeare and movement with Struan Leslie (RSC, Wooster Group)
WHAT I DO.
As a creative I have developed work with artists and institutions including...
- The National Theatre of Wales
- The Elevator Repair Service Theatre Company in New York on Gatz
- Le Louvre in Paris for their nocturne events
- The British Museum on the choreography for their Ice Age exhibition publicity
- Tanz Theatre Wuppertal Pina Bausch on the World Cities tour at Sadlers Wells where I performed in Viktor and also Nur Du.
- The Royal Academy of Music in Romeo and Juliet.
- Annish Kapoor and Akram Khan on a collaboration with Amnesty International in support of Ai Wei Wei
- The National Ballet of Canada in Romeo and Juliet
- The Queens Gallery, Buckingham Palace with the Clod Ensemble where I created a movement based practise based on the Leonardo da Vinci anatomical drawings.
- And, Beautiful Creatures for The Winter Giant, a procession of a 20ft bunraku giant puppet through Reading town centre puppeteered by the local homeless community.
Whilst in position as the Creative Arts Practitioner at the Newbury Corn Exchange projects for 2016 included...
The co-delivery and devising of a Roald Dahl literacy project for primary and special schools.
Collabourating with 101 and the French instillation artist Oliver Grosstete to help deliver The Peoples Tower. This was a large scale recreation of Donnington Castle, made entirely out of Cardboard boxes.
Directing movement workshops fr the local community through West Berkshire on behalf of Marseille based Artonik for The Colour of Time. This was a large scale street perfromnace, aking inspiration from the traditional Indian festival of Holi, creating a technicolour dance-theatre parade.
Collaborating with Germany theatre company PAN.OPTIKUM to devise and deliver Crossing Lines with a group of young people as part of a Creative Europe Commission. This was a large scale piece of outdoor theatre that will tour in Europe to Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Spain, Germany and Poland in 2017.
Directing a piece of site-responsive work titled SKY at St. Nicholas's Primary School in Newbury. This was a piece with a group of local young people that incorporated original foley work, a choir of 100 children, live pyrotechnics, fire sculpture and music.
Delivering lantern making workshops for the annual Christmas time Festival of Light.
Please make contact,if you would like my full CV.